You will hear a recording. Select the paragraph that best relates to the recording.
(1) The idealization of female altruism enabled women to engage in the philanthropic activities but prevented them from managing money and property.
(2) The ideology of female benevolence empowered women in realm of the social activism but placed limits on their direct political power.
(3) The ideology of female benevolence emancipated women from treacheries of a live stricken with grief and poverty.
(4) The belief in women’s innate moral superiority allowed women to exercise the political power without participating in partisan politics.
(5) The cult of female domesticity helped some women to gain power and privilege but kept most women confined to the domestic sphere.